(Updated 7/19/2013): Alaska would really like to thank the veterans for their WWII Aleutian service. The person to contact in order to receive a certificate of appreciation from the State of Alaska is listed below. Please send your name, your service number, where you served, your unit, and the dates you served as best you can recall this information to:

Mr. Verdie Bowen, Director of Veterans Affairs
Dept. of Military and Veterans Affairs
4600 Debarr Road, Suite 180
Anchorage, AK  99508

 If you have additional questions, please contact:

Deputy Director
State of Alaska, Office of Veterans Affairs
4600 Debarr, Suite 180
Anchorage, AK 99508

Thank you for your service resulting in the winning and maintenance of our country's freedom. Please send your stories to the Aleutians web site. Alaskans, along with their fellow American citzens everywhere, including folks from around the globe, really want to hear them!

PS: If you are not receiving the Williwaw Letters, the fare is $15.00 per calendar year. Email Al King or send your check to Al King, P O Box 130327, Sunrise Florida 33313.

Originally published 19 November 2005

Updated: 25 July 2013